What not to do if you turn invisible – Teacher Resource Pack
Featured Resource Partners
From the author of the unforgettable bestseller, ‘Time Travelling With A Hamster’ comes another surprising, beautiful and funny novel about a child who, by disappearing, will write herself into your heart forever…
Turning invisible at will: it’s one way of curing your acne. But far more drastic than 12-year-old Ethel Leatherhead intended when she tried a combination of untested medicines and a sunbed.
It’s fun at first, being invisible. And aided by her friend Boydy, Ethel manages to keep her extraordinary ability secret. Or does she?
When one day the invisibility fails to wear off, Ethel is thrown into a nightmare of lies and deception as she struggles to keep herself safe, to find the remedy that will make her seen again – and solve the mystery of her own birth…
The Teacher and Pupil Guided Reading Resource Packs
This English and PSHE-related resource is suitable for Year 5, 6 and 7 pupils. It contains:
Section A: Guided reading questions (with answers in the teacher version)
Section B: Book club discussion questions
Section C: Reflection and writing activities
The guided reading questions on each chapter cover the National Curriculum requirements for English:
- explore the meaning of words in context;
- draw inferences, such as inferring characters’ feelings, thoughts and motives from their actions, and justifying inferences with evidence from the text;
- predict what might happen from details stated and implied;
- identify how language, structure and presentation contribute to meaning;
- consider how the writer uses language to impact upon the reader;
- and participate in discussions about the book.
These questions also address personal wellbeing and health issues from the PSHE curriculum.