Call us on 020 3195 7256 to find the perfect package for your school
If you have any questions, please call our education team who will help you choose the right package for your school.
020 3195 7256
8AM – 5:30PM Mon – Fri
Or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call us on the above number for bespoke quotes.
‘‘My pupils LOVE First News - Cries of 'Yes!' erupt when I bring the new issue into the classroom.’’
First News – a unique literacy resource for every school
First News is the UK’s original children’s newspaper. For 10 years we have been supporting literacy and learning through current affairs. Published weekly in print and digital editions, First News also offers a wealth of print and digital teaching resources for Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3.
- A quality newspaper for 7 – 14 year olds
- Topical literacy teaching resources accompany every issue
- Literacy iHub – new digital learning tool
89% of teachers think that First News helps improve literacy in young people*
*Reader Survey 2014
Teachers and pupils recommend First News
From reluctant readers to high achievers, we make literacy exciting, relevant and fun for all. First News leads to deeper thinking, stronger classroom debate and real improvement in literacy skills. Our weekly teaching resources accompany the paper and are a great way for Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 to make literacy relevant and exciting in the classroom.
- The National Literacy Trust says First News “significantly improves” reading skills
- Teachers say First News transforms attitudes to reading
- “We love First News … It opens a door to the world of knowledge.” Pupils of Howard Junior School
The conversations that I hear kids having after our classes about current affairs are just brilliant.
First News gives children unrivaled insight into topics that kids should be taking an interest in.