Terms and Conditions
1) By entering this free prize draw, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this prize draw.
2) This free prize draw is open to anyone aged 18 or over who is a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland, except for employees of the Promoter or any of its group companies (promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the prize draw.
3) Entries must be received by 31 July 2023, 23:30GMT (closing date). Entries that are illegible, incomplete, corrupted or which fail to be received by the closing date for any reason, will not be counted. The promoter is not responsible for entries delayed or lost in the post. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be counted.
4) Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5) To enter, complete the form above in full and submit.
6) All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 1 August 2023. The first entry drawn at random by an independent person will be the winner.
7) The prize is the twenty five books featured in First News issue 890, ‘Recommended reads in partnership with Peters’ (Loki: A Bad God’s Guide To Ruling The World by Louie Stowell / The Stormy Life of Scarlett Fife by Maz Evans (author) and Chris Jevons (illustrator) / Max Magic: The Greatest Show On Earth by Tom Easton and Stephen Mulhern (authors), and Begona Fernandez Corbalan (illustrator) / An Alien Stole My Planet by Pooja Puri (author) and Allen Fatimaharan (illustrator) / Swarm Enemy by Tim Peake and Steve Cole (authors) / Space Band by Tom Fletcher / Rani Reports On The Missing Millions by Satish Shewhorak and Gabrielle Shewhorak / Clarity Jones and the Magical Detective Agency by Chris Smith (author) and Kenneth Anderson (illustrator) / Welcome To Dead Town by Eibhlis Carcione / A Street Dog Named Pup by Gill Lewis / My Mum is a Spy by Andy McNabb / Secret Animal Society: Forgotten Phoenix by Luke Gamble / Over Sea Under Stone by Susan Cooper / Voyage of the Sparrowhawk by Natasha Farrant / A Gangster Stole my Trunks by Tom Vaughan (author) and Nathan Reed (illustrator) / Wild Child by Dara McAnulty (author) and Barry Falls (illustrator) / Sharks! Sharks! Sharks! by Susan Martineau (author) and Vicky Barker (Illustrator) / The Rise of The Lionesses: Incredible Moments from Women’s Football by Flo Lloyd-Hughes / Ultimate Cricket Superstars by Tanya Aldred, Matt Oldfield and Alessandro Valdrighi (Illustrator) / We’ve Got This by Rashmi Sirdeshpande (author) and Juliana Eigner (Illustrator) / The Happy Tank: Fill your life with happy habits by John Magee (author) and Sarah Lawrence (Illustrator) / You Are History by Greg Jenner and Jenny Taylor (illustrator) / Horrible Histories: Pirates by Terry Deary and Martin Brown (illustrator) / Comic Strip Science: Biology by Paul Mason (author) and Jess Bradley (illustrator) / Ask a Scientist by Robert Winston). The prize must be taken before 31 August 2023 23:30GMT. The prize is non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
8) Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend, suspend or withdraw the prize with or without notice.
9) The winner will be notified by email within 5 working days of the closing date (i.e. by 5 August 2023). The winner(s) must claim their prize within 30 days of the promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules. In order to claim their prize, the winner consents to their email address being shared with Peters, who will supply the prize to them directly.
11) The promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants, the panel or a representative of promoter
12) The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
13) These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
14) The promoter’s contact details are: First Group Enterprises Limited, First Floor, 58 Southwark Bridge Road, London, SE1 0AS