Crowdfunding Terms and Conditions
First News Education offers schools a platform to collect contributions from others (mainly pupil’s parents, alumnae, teachers and local businesses) to fund a subscription to any First News Education product. The recipient of the subscription must be a registered school (unless otherwise agreed in advance with First News).
Terms and Conditions Crowdfunding (Schools and Campaign Manager)
- The Campaign Manager must be either employed by the school for which the campaign is raising funds or must have been approved by the school to manage a crowd funding campaign on their behalf.
- Once a donation has been made a campaign cannot be ‘unpublished’ or cancelled.
- The product or target amount cannot be changed part-way through the campaign.
- When a Crowdfunding page is created through our site the page will be made public so anyone who comes to the site will be able to see it, not just the people to whom a link has been sent.
- It is the responsibility of the school and the Campaign manager to ensure the content uploaded to the campaign page, especially pictures and videos, does not infringe another person’s copyright.
- First Group Enterprises Ltd have the right to edit or remove a page if it feels any of the content is offensive or inappropriate.
- The chosen subscription will automatically be generated once the target has been hit.
- If the target it not met by the published deadline the Campaign Manager will be given the option of extending the campaign or funding the shortfall by credit card payment.
- If the target is not met and you the school / Campaign Manager do not want to continue the campaign for a further period of time First Group Enterprises Ltd will refund all the money to the contributors individually to the credit/debit card they paid on.
- A campaign may be terminated at any time and all funds raised will be returned to the contributors within 10 working days.
- The subscription cannot be exchanged for cash.
- VAT is added to the final cost of the subscription product. It is the responsibility of the school to claim this back (where entitled) from HMRC.
Terms and Conditions Crowdfunding (Contributors)
- First Group Enterprises Ltd (organiser of the crowdfunding scheme) will charge your donation to your payment card account at the time of donating.
- No refunds will be provided once a donation has been made unless the school does not hit their target within the allocated time and they decide to stop the campaign or if the campaign is terminated by the Campaign Manager. In such a circumstance all contributors will be refunded the exact donation made to the same payment card and the contributors will be notified of this payment return.
- All contributions are only valid against the First News product selected by the Campaign Manager and therefore published on the campaign page. They may not be transferred to other products or to cash and may not be transferred to different crowdfunding projects.
- After donations are made, all further dealings are solely between the contributor and the school (specifically the Campaign Manager).
- When a donation is made the contributor may receive updates from the Campaign Manager (school) to inform more about the cause. If you would like to stop receiving these emails you will be able to select this option in the email footer.
- Any comments published on the page must be deemed appropriate and First Group Enterprises Ltd have the right to edit or remove any comments it feels is offensive or inappropriate.